Christian Heritage Tours will be introduced from April to December on cruises to the Mediterranean, Western Europe and North Cape regions.
“This program expansion builds upon our incredibly popular Jewish heritage tours offered around the world,” said John Stoll, vice president of land and port operations for Crystal Cruises. “Religious-related shore excursions are just one more way our guests can experience the unique history and culture of a destination and perhaps even connect with their own personal ancestry, as well.”
Among the new Christian Heritage Tours:
• Dubrovnik, Croatia: Go on a pilgrimage to Apparition Hill in Medjugorje, Bosnia and Herzegovina, a popular Catholic pilgrimage site because of reported visions of the Virgin Mary.
• Barcelona: Attend private mass at Guadi’s magnificent Sagrada Familia with Crystal Cruises’ onboard priest.
• La Coruna, Spain: See the largest Romanesque church in Spain and its rooftop view of the UNESCO World Heritage town, Santiago de Compostela.
• Leknes/Lofoten, Norway: Choose from three different trips to see the 18th-century, wooden Russian-style Flakstad Church.
• Southampton/London: Relive history beside the carved, canopied choir stalls that were once the seat of Anglo-Saxon and Norman royal power at the 1,000-year-old Winchester Cathedral.
• Sorrento, Italy: Volunteer with the 400-year-old charity brotherhood of Pio Monte della Misericordia on the “You Care, We Care” voluntourism excursion.
For more information, visit www.crystalcruises.com.