You can make this traditional Georgia peach recipe with a gallon ice cream freezer. Sample some to find out why Georgia peaches still bring people to the Southern state each year. Recipe and photo courtesy Allrecipes.com.
Ready In: 1 Hour
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk, or as needed
1. Puree peaches with the sugar and half-and-half in batches in a blender or food processor.
2. In a gallon ice cream freezer container, mix together the peach mixture, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla. Pour in enough whole milk to fill the container to the fill line, about 2 cups.
3. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to freeze the ice cream.