Try this German Potato Salad Recipe, a popular side dish in Bavaria, the featured destination in our recent article.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 cups peeled, potatoes, medium sized slices
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Peel the potatoes then slice into medium-sized slices. (Cooking tip: put into cold water until all potatoes are peeled and then sliced to prevent darkening.)
- Once finished rinse pour out the soaking water, then refill with fresh water till potatoes are covered and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are pierced easily with a fork. Drain cooking water then allow to cool slightly.
- Fry the rashers of bacon over medium heat until browned and there is a golden sheen. Once the bacon is browned remove it from the pan, leaving the bacon grease, and drain it on paper towels.
- Add the diced onion to the pan and saute the onion in the remaining bacon grease. Once the onion starts to turn translucent add the remaining ingredients except for the parsley. Bring the mixture to a boil then add the potatoes to the pan. Crumble the bacon and re-add most of it to the pan, leaving some for garnish.
- Once all the ingredients are heated through, transfer the potato salad to a serving dish and garnish with the remaining bacon and chopped parsley.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy www.allrecipes.com