Try a recipe popular among the ethnic dishes commonly served in Washington County, Oregon, called Korean barbecue.
Recipe Courtesy Food.com
Prep Time: 24 hours
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless rib eye steaks, cut into very thin slices 5-6″ long x 2″ wide
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed/chopped fine
- 3scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon korean sesame oil
- Mix beef& sugar, let rest 2 minutes, then add remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and let stand 1 hr at room temp or overnight in the refrigerator to allow the meat to mature- better the longer it marinates!
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Add beef, a few slices at a time, and sear without oil for 2-3 minutes at most.
- Or, grill beef in very hot gas or electric broiler.
- Serve immediately with white sticky rice and an assortment of side dishes.