Courtesy Wilderness Ranch
1.) Unity Village in Unity Village, MO
- First “green” (LEED certified) hotel in Midwest
- Opened in January 2007
- Amenities include golf course, swimming pool, two lakes and miles of wooded walking trails
2.) Camp William B. Snyder in Haymarket, Va.
- 350 acres with 125 acres of wetlands, a 7-acre lake and nature trail
- 14 Camp sites and 5 shower houses
- Complex of three new cabins, on-site chapel, 14 camp sites with showers, 550-seat Stephen G. Marriott Dining Hall and other meeting facilities
- The Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience Course
3.) Stella Maris Retreat in Skaneateles, N.Y.
- Run by Sisters of St. Francis and Stella Maris staff
- Personalized retreats to fit group’s needs
- View of lake, 1879 mansion once home to cousin of Theodore Roosevelt
- Began as retreat house for Catholic women, but now open to all kinds of groups and denominations.
4.) Forrest Hills Mountain Hideaway Resort in Dahlonega, Ga.
- Home to Gold City Corral, resort features guided horseback rides, carriage rides and scenic horse-drawn wagon rides to river house for a cookout with live entertainment
- Two-mile walking trail, fitness room, spa room, outdoor pool, sand volleyball courts and on-site chapel
- Natural 140-acre resort with lodges and 225-seat conference center
5.) The Boulders Resort in Scottsdale, Az.
- A 1,300-acre property on the Sonora Desert with 12-million-year-old granite boulders dotting the landscape
- Shamanic journeys offered for a ceremonial walk through a traditional labyrinth and meditative experience in the resort’s tipi
- Spa, desert photo tours, jeep adventures, rock climbing clinics, cattle drives and hot air balloon rides
6.) Higher Ground Hotel in Independence, Mo
- Massage therapy, karaoke parties, meeting rooms and event planning offerings
- Across the street from the Harry S. Truman Home
- Package deals with Kansas City Zoo, Power and Light District of Kansas City and other historic tours
7.) The Wharf in Orange Beach, Ala.
- Located along Gulf Shores’ 32 miles of sugar white coastline
- More than 12,000 youth congregated there for the Student Life Summer Camp at the Wharf’s 2008, 17,000-square-foot Conference Center
- The Wharf offers boating, biking, golfing, fishing, theaters, concerts, massages and meals on the boardwalk
8.) Wilderness Trails Ranch in Durango, Co.
- Perched beside the San Juan Montains of Southwest Colorado
- Horseback rides, cattle work and natural horsemanship clinics
- Historic, elegant log cabins with modern amenities
- Hiking, fishing, swimming, white water rafting, water skiing and tubing on the Vallecito Reservoir
9.) Corolla Light Resort in Corolla, N.C.
- Sitting on the Outer Banks with 400 ocean to sound side homes over 250 acres
- Two swimming pools, basketball courts, shuffleboard courts, volleyball courts, game room
- Kayak rentals and nature trails
10.) St. Mary Monastery at Rock Island, Ill.
- Organized conferences, discussions and private prayer can be included for a personalized retreat program
- Run by Benedict Sisters
- Overlooks woods and lake with walking paths designed for private meditation
- Spiritual events guests can attend throughout the year