Photo and recipe courtesy Allrecipes.com
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 35 Min
Ready In: 45 Min
Original Recipe Yield 10 servings
• 2 pounds fresh bratwurst sausages
• 2 onions, thinly sliced
• 1 cup butter
• 6 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles beer
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
• 10 hoagie rolls
1. Prick bratwurst with fork to prevent them from exploding as they cook. Place in a large stock pot with the onions, butter, and beer. Place pot over medium heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
3. Lightly oil grate. Cook bratwurst on preheated grill for 10 to 14 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Serve hot off the grill with onions on hoagie rolls.